Cantóirí is an exciting Dublin choir with an international membership. Our repertoire spans the centuries, from the Renaissance to the 21st Century.
Our particular speciality is folk music from all over the globe. This includes songs from Europe, Latin America and the Far East. Cantóirí sings each song in the original language. We are lucky as we have been able to draw on the language skills of choir members from countries such as Scotland, Finland, Poland, Italy, France, Russia, Germany, England, Austria, Hungary, Malaysia and Denmark.
Here’s our recording of “Ding Dong Merrily on High” which we entered into this year’s RTE lyric fm Choirs for Christmas competition, this was played on RTE lyric fm on Christmas Eve. You can also listen to some more of our Christmas carols here.
- Cork Choral Festival Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th May – Cork Choral Festival
- Joint concert with the University of St Thomas Festival Choir Sunday 27th May, 7pm – Concert with the University of St Thomas Festival Choir at Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin.
- Bloomsday concert, St Stephen’s Green, Saturday June 16th, 3pm
- Voices by the Sea Festival, Greystones Rugby Club, Saturday 30th June
- Open rehearsal, October 12th for World Mental Health Day/National Choral Singing week
- Sligo Choral Festival 9th November 2012